Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bring the US Open to Florida (please)

For us here in the Caribbean (and I speak for my Trinidadian,  Guyanese, Barbadian, Dominican, Puerto Rican and even Mexican , the US Open used to be something of a mini world championships. Florida being where it is, the effective hub of the Americas, was the, perfect staging point for an international tournament.
A short trip for all concerned, placing the open in Florida virtually guarantees a mix of country participants and perhaps an international flavour unrivalled anywhere else this side of the world!
The US Open in Florida used to attract the likes of Waldner, Persson, Applegren, Ma, Lin, Kong Linghui , Timo Boll  (I could go on and on).
So how about it USATT?
How about brining North Americas biggest show back home?
I think its time to stop thinking insularly and restore the tournament to its former glory. I would love to be a part of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment