Sunday, January 25, 2015

Prelude to a gunfight “Waiting on Bob” Part 1


I DONT WANNA, I DONT WANNA WAIT IN VAIN




Robert Roberts 3 times Caribbean Champion


Normally we Jamaicans are welcoming people. But we don't take kindly to outside cowboys taking our cattle or our womenfolk and we don't like when strange gunslingers roll into out town with all that swagger on a white horse and with all that trash talking.

Somebody fetch the sheriff; there’s a gonna be trouble.

Never mind that the intruder in February is big bad former Barbados and Caribbean champion;  Robert Roberts, Never mind the fact that he is now the pro at the Westchester TT facility in New York; possibly the largest most advanced club in the US of A. Never mind the fact that Bob is easily a US2600 level player( far above any Jamaican past or present) and practicing with Chinese 2700 players and above regularly, someone’s got to defend the City!



Bob with Will the owner of Westchester




So welcome to Jamaica Bob, I’m the sheriff.

In the words of the Jamaican Bob:
These are the words
Of my master, keep on tellin' me
No weak heart
Shall prosper
And whosoever diggeth a pit
Shall fall in it, fall in it
And whosoever diggeth a pit
Shall fall in it (... fall in it)

If you are the big tree, let me tell you that
We are the small axe, sharp and ready
Ready to cut you down (well sharp)
To cut you down


So recently chatting with my good friend Robert Roberts on the internet the following conversation ensued ;

This is Bob speaking about his upcoming visit:

RR: This is a taste of whats going to happen. A video of me and the Chinese boy. Sending now.





PM: You need to open up your shoulders more:
RR: LOL
PM: And the Chinaman needs to work on his technique
RR: Watch all of it
PM: Bring him to Jamaica and I’ll kick both of y’all asses back to Jersey


Kai Zhang 



RR: New York. LOL. He’s 2730 (Kai Zhang)
PM: You know Yard Man don't ‘kin teeth…we kick out teeth (Editors note: In English “Jamaicans don’t come to smile and play nice…we fight rough”)
RR: LOLOLOLOL. I like that. See you in February.

PM: So tell me what plastic ball you are using and your experience.











RR: These balls XushaoFa Sports edition 3 star (pictured) are the best. I’ll bring a few dozen for you (Bob, did I hear right?)
RR: Believe me you will not be able to distinguish it from the celluloid ball.
RR: They are very hard to get.
PM: How many balls do you break in a day hitting so hard.
RR: About 5
PM: Wow! Thats a lot!
RR: You don't hit the ball very hard (LOL), so one should last you about a month.
(Editors note: At this point my blood is beginning to boil. When this guy comes to town, I’m gonna go Rambo up in this place)
RR: Its really the best by far. Believe me, this ball is the shit.
PM: See you in Jamaica soon bro.


So there you have it.
Its on.
David vs Goliath.
Jamaica to de world.
Once again, it falls on my slim shoulders to defend the honor of the country. 
I didn't ask for this role. It was given to me.
With great power comes great responsibility (Spiderman2)

We cant just allow this guy to come here, take our women (he's married to a Jamaican! Nice lady) and then stomp us into the ground. Someone's got to stand up.
Robert Roberts, Can you smell what the rock is cooking?
see you in February (Part 2 ...watch this space)




No comments:

Post a Comment