Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Interview with Rheann Chung Caribbean champ.



So I just had a brief chat with many times Caribbean womens champion Rheann Chung (Trinidad & Tobago) who plays professionally in France about her game and stuff which I’m sharing with you guys.

Petermoo:
What team do you play for in France?

Rheann: I play full time for a team called Poitiers, which is not far from Bordeaux where I live.

Petermoo:
Who is your equipment sponsor?
RC: I use all Cornilleau equipment, blades rubbers everything.












Petermoo:
What is your biggest table tennis victory to date?
RC: I actually beat a chinese player Zhing Zhin Hua recently (forgive me if I didn’t get the name right)

Petermoo:
Other than me, who is your favourite player now to watch?
RC: Oh my god! That has to be Zhang Zhike!

Petermoo:
What do you think is holding back the level in the Caribbean?
RC: People need to train more often, they cant just start training a few weeks before tournaments. It’s a lot of things.

Petermoo:
The womens level in Jamaica now is pretty low, are there any Jamaican girls that you think might have the potential to become good players.
RC: For sure, Theres one Ashley Alexander who has the physical capabilities. She told me she even plays football, but she needs to train more.
It’s a bit late to get to a high level though.







Petermoo:
What is your favourite place in the world to visit.
RC: That would surely be Jamaica

Petermoo:
Who is your favourite athlete in the world
RC: Ato Bolden, he put Trinidad on the map! I always wanted to meet him, I like how he has grown in his career to become a journalist.










Petermoo:
What is your favourite food?
RC: Doubles, Roti any Trinidad stuff.


Petermoo:
Thanks a lot for your time.
RC: Anytime , you’re welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment