Sunday, December 2, 2012

What I'm using now and why

Here's my current setup:


Blade : Butterfly Gergely Carbon



FH: Donic Acuda S1 (Black) Max




BH: Donic Coppa JO Silver (Red 2.0)















I choose the Gergely blade because its hard but the cypress top layers give it a nice soft feeling and good sensitivity. the weight is perfect @ about 90 gms. I get plenty of power from it while its still sensitive enough for me to return services and block incoming stuff. I cant block well with elastic springy blades so I have to use a firm blade, The unique squared handle is easy to keep exactly in position which rounded handles tend to move around too much for me.
The Acuda S1 has proven to me to be the perfect attacking rubber for me. Everyone knows I've tried almost every rubber known to man, but I can tell you that I'm very picky about rubber weight and so I am not too excited about many of the current superheavy rubbers which are coming out lately (yes, Bluefire, Yes Tenergies, Hurricanes). I have had to switch from the red Acuda because the performance difference between the red and the black.
The black is way superior, so different that , for me, it can mean the difference between winning and losing.
Serves are better, drives are more powerful, everything is better with the black.
I'm just saying.
Consequently, I have been forced to switch my trusty black Silver to red. Its been difficult as the black is also better for the silver. My backhand game has become a tad bit less reliable but the trade off for a unstoppable forehand and free points off service is certainly worth it.
In the next month I will be trying baracuda as a possible backhand rubber replacement for red silver (also maybe Acuda S2)


No comments:

Post a Comment